Mymensingh Medical College
During the later part of British India, it was felt that the people of the northeastern region needed the services of qualified medical personnel. The then Campbell Medical School of Calcutta and Mitford Medical School of Dhaka were unable to cater the needs of the growing population. With this background the third medical school for the region, was established in 1924 in Mymensingh, by the Earl of Lytton, the then governor of Bengal. The Lytton Medical School was to run a four-year course of Licentiate of Medical Faculty (LMF). This course of LMF continued till 1962, when it was upgraded to a five-year undergraduate medical course under Dhaka University and the school was renamed as Mymensingh Medical College.